Account Closed
  • Connecticut
Votes |
Should I? Or Should I Not?

Account Closed
  • Connecticut
Posted Jan 28 2018, 07:34

Hey everyone,

I am currently saving up for a down payment on my first multi family property. Before I do this I am planning on eliminating the debt on my car loan. I got this loan on my 18th Birthday with no co signer and no credit history. The catche here; my interest rate is %20. I have been doing my research and came across the CT state law on usury (when loan companies illegally charge higher interest rates because buyers do not know the laws and are in dire need to be financed) as was I, because of my situtaion. I was actually denied 13 times before getting this loan. THANK GOD I had no credit to be affected. Well getting back to the subject, Connecticuts maximum interest rate is %12 and anything more is illegal. I am not one to get revenge or persue a situation but that really irritaes me. Down payment? $6,400. Amount Financed? $7,503. Total Sale Price? $18,169. I have been paying $1,000 a month to eliminate this loan, the payments are actually $196. I owe $5,500 and my next payment is due in 3 months, yeah I wonder why!? My question here, I want to get out of this loan as soon as possible and then continue with my investment journey; BUT I am totally irked and what this loan company is doing is illegal. I honestly feel the need to get a lawyer and file a lawsuit. I would like an honest opinion. I dont want to be held up and pushed back on my plans but I feel I shouldnt put this behind me.

Loading replies...