Votes
Ryan Hebert
  • Burlington, MA
Votes |
Thoughts on Framingham?

Ryan Hebert
  • Burlington, MA
Posted Oct 18 2017, 08:24

I lived in Framingham for a few years when I was really young, and even after moving I still spent quite a bit of time in the town. I picture its location, and I can only picture that it has enormous potential.

You have easy access to the Pike from multiple parts and subsequently commutability to both the I-495 and 128 technology belts, a commuter rail station to Boston, a growing public university, vibrant shopping at route 9, a bunch of relatively new reputable breweries, etc. It is also very close to wealthy suburbs like Wellesley, Natick, Sudbury and Wayland. Albeit to a lesser extent, it reminds me of Waltham: for a long time a rough and dirty city positioned perfectly and surrounded by Boston Brahmin towns.

Yet...property values are still low, rents are low, and it still has a reputation for being a rough now-city to live in. I'm someone interested in multi-families, so the northern half of SFHs north of route 9 doesn't interest me nearly as much as the center. I can't seem to find longitudinal crime data or property data, but what are your thoughts on it? Is this a city with untapped potential as people get priced out of inside 128, or is it too far from Boston and too suburban to move much from its current status?

Loading replies...