Condo conversion in Somerville MA

Condo conversion in Somerville MA

Developer · Cary NC · Member since 2016 · 40 posts · 7 votes

Hi,

I am going to start my project soon and I'm looking for people that have experience doing condo-conversion in Somervile. I got a unit under a contract and we are going to close soon and I'm not sure if to try to go on 2-3 units. The house is close to Davis square. If you have any recommendation for Architect, contractor, Engineer that will be great.

Thanks,

Tal 

0Reply
10 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Boston, MA · Member since 2012 · 257 posts · 139 votes
    8y

    Happy to recommend an architect. Four units might trigger the need to add sprinklers, but you should be okay with 2 or 3. 

    I assume you're familiar with the Somerville regulations / ordinance around condo conversions. 

  • Natick, MA · Member since 2013 · 86 posts · 47 votes
    8y

    Hi @Dan K. Curious as to what the Condo Ordinance/Regs are for Somerville, would you mind summarizing? And does it apply only to New Construction condo/townhouses or also to existing 2/3/4 unit multi family homes to be converted?

  • Developer · Cary NC · Member since 2016 · 40 posts · 7 votes
    8y

    Hi @Dan K, 

    As far as I know you must add sprinkles in Somerville for any 3 multi family and more. I am going to PM regrading the architect. Thanks

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.