Building In New Hampshire

Building In New Hampshire

Roger LeePro Member
Investor · Needham, MA · Member since 2017 · 37 posts · 15 votes

Hi! 

I'm looking to build a cabin in New Hampshire with a couple buddies, we're looking for land and an idea for costs on putting a cabin on it. If anyone out there has experience in this, i'd love to talk to you! 

Ideally we'd like to be near a ski mountain, hunting grounds, or lake, so where are the hotspots now? Where should we avoid?

What's ideal for septic? in ground? storage tanks? etc. 

Avg cost/sqft ? 

Avg cost for electrician and plumbers? 

Cost for digging a well for water? 

Any help and advice would be appreciated! 

Thanks!

Roger

0Reply
25 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Campton, NH · Member since 2010 · 286 posts · 144 votes
5y

Woah! A lot to cover there! I'm up in the western White Mountains so can fill you in on this area and stuff to bear in mind on the items you alluded to....... just sent you a connection request.  :)

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Campton, NH · Member since 2010 · 286 posts · 144 votes
    5y

    Woah! A lot to cover there! I'm up in the western White Mountains so can fill you in on this area and stuff to bear in mind on the items you alluded to....... just sent you a connection request.  :)

  • Real Estate Agent · Salem, NH · Member since 2017 · 95 posts · 34 votes
    5y

    Mr Rogers hello!

    You have a high ambition. What is is best is to find a lot that has been pre-permitted for a septic/well system. You can occasionally you can find some lots that have been pre-planned for some type of structure. I say for any structure plan about $125-175/sqft this exclude well, septic, foundation that is additional cost and each one of those can range between 10-30k dependent on soil type depth need to drill and the type of foundation needed to support the structure.

    I have an Architecture and engineering background feel free to touch base anytime you want. 

    Good luck.

  • Rental Property Investor · Boston, MA · Member since 2020 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    @Roger Lee I'm interested in doing something similar! Following this thread for future connections and learnings.

  • New to Real Estate · Dalton, NH · Member since 2020 · 116 posts · 64 votes
    5y

    @Roger Lee & @Valerie Russell I've got a contractor I've been in contact with in northern NH who does log cabins. Here is his info.

    Rick Robinson Construction

    Phone 1-603-922-3326

    Cell 1-603-723-8617

    I talked with him about a fix and flip he did locally but log cabins are what his company focuses on. Best of luck to you both and good hunting to you!

  • Contractor · North Conway, NH · Member since 2018 · 59 posts · 48 votes
    5y

    @Roger Lee I live up in North Conway NH

    Plumbers - $85/hr

    Electricians- $85/hr

    Builders- Most reliable ones are booked out for at least 2 years

    Septic design- $2,000 -3,500

    Septic Installation- $20- 30k (if you are looking to build a cabin in a wooded area i would also count for tree removal, and if your on a hill or a mountain it will probably cost more)  

    Well- I am unfamiliar with the prices (all 3 of my properties are am on town water)

    Hope this helps!

  • New to Real Estate · Dalton, NH · Member since 2020 · 116 posts · 64 votes
    5y

    @Roger Lee just saw this pop up on CL, has septic so that might help you with one part of the project. https://nh.craigslist.org/reo/...

  • Roger LeePro Member
    OP
    Investor · Needham, MA · Member since 2017 · 37 posts · 15 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Shane Cloutier:

    @Roger Lee just saw this pop up on CL, has septic so that might help you with one part of the project. https://nh.craigslist.org/reo/...

     Wow, that's up there! Thanks for sending! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.