Lender · New York, NY · Member since 2015 · 13 posts · 0 votes
Hello,
I really love real estate and have been educating myself. I am currently a freshman in college in the city, but as the semester comes to an end, I really would like to begin my journey. I plan on getting my real estate license. Now, I want to begin wholesaling real estate. I am very good at collecting and analyzing data, and with very little money, I feel that this is a good way to start. If anyone is from around the NYC area with advice, recommendations, or things to think about when starting out, please let me know and would love to connect.
Rental Property Investor · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2011 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
11y
Welcome @Chris Stephens` You've found the right place to get your questions answered. I'm in California so I don't have boots-on-ground advice for you.
Lender · New York, NY · Member since 2015 · 13 posts · 0 votes
11y
Hi @Matthew Weiser thanks for the welcome. I also see your from Queens! Before I start charging , I would love to analyze the market in NYC and LI and create deals and share them for free with investors, such as yourself, and around the area and 1. get feedback, 2. build relationships. Once I proved I am capable of finding and analyzing good deals then I would begin to charge. Also, do you happen to know of any real estate groups/ clubs that meet around this area as well or maybe network with each other?
New York, NY · Member since 2015 · 173 posts · 33 votes
11y
hey @Chris Stephens` I am also from NY (really the city ). And yes there are meets in a lot of places and even in Long Island if you go to REIClubs.com it will list the different clubs.
I will advise you however to read through everything biggerpockets has to offer and educate you on real estate investing.