Oren Pleniceanu
  • Tel Aviv, Tel Aviv (Gosh Dan)
Votes |
Looking to start investing in Rochester

Oren Pleniceanu
  • Tel Aviv, Tel Aviv (Gosh Dan)
Posted Nov 18 2017, 10:04

Hi guys,

excited to post my first question in this great forum.

I'm an Israeli, living in Israel, and I am looking to invest in the USA, due to the endless options for real estate assets. I have about 150-200K for investment. My strategy is buy and hold, for at least 5-10 years, maybe sell the asset once property prices in Israel go down (the cycle in Israel is different- prices started rising in 2008, in contrast to the US, where 2008 was just the beginning of prices going down).

I am looking for a solid property (i.e. relatively easy to find tenants, good neighbourhoods with good tenants).

This is my first deal in real estate, so I am not expecting one-in-a-lifetime deals, but rather a solid deal, with solid return, and hopefully a potential for value growth.

After considering several options I decided that Rochester is a good options. I feel I understand urban areas better, it has a strong attraction for students and young professionals due to the university and most of its residentns rent and not own their property.

I started analyzing the different neighbourhoods but would first like to ask you guys:

1. Which neighbourhoods would allow me to find an investment property that will suit my needs? (in the budget of ~150K, cash deal).

2. What type of property should I be looking for? obviously this  is going to be a hands off investment with a local management company running the property.

3. What net yield can I expect to acheive?

4. What value appreciation can I expect to acheive?

5. Could you recommend good agents to help me find investment properties? good management companies? I would really be happy to get personal recommendations, rather than the agents themselves approaching me.

6. Any tips you can offer?

Thank you!! :)

Loading replies...