• Flipper
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
Glamping + Adventure Park in Brevard NC

Britt Loukos
  • Flipper
  • Charlotte, NC
Posted Oct 1 2020, 04:03

We are under contract on 145 acres in Brevard NC. The property has direct access to Dupont State Recreational forest (a huge mountain bike/hiking/horseback riding area) and already has 10 miles of trails and a Pump Track that was built by Red Bull.  The site also has 2 vintage airstreams, a restored 1945 dairy barn, and a number of other unique lodging options.  

Our goal is to create the go to outdoor resort in North Carolina.  We want to add treehouses, dome glamping sites, an additional vintage airstream, and 50 camping spaces.  We also want to use the space for micro weddings, mountain bike/outdoors events, and other small gatherings.

Mountain biking has increased during the Pandemic as a way to get outside, exercise, and socially distance.  Forbes named RV travel the biggest trend of 2020.  After COVID, the world has changed.  People care more about human connection, wellness, and adventure.  While some dense hospitality models are struggling, outdoor living has only increased.  This project is a strategic move toward the future.  70% of people are working from home and want to visit an inspiring place to spend time in nature.

Just looking for overall feedback, insight, knowledge, and connections as we work through our due diligence process.  

User Stats

Votes
Nick Swan
  • Kent, WA
Votes |
  • Kent, WA
Replied Oct 1 2020, 08:07

Wow this sounds awesome! I've got zero experience on the operations side, but I can certainly discuss any possible camping gear that you may want to add or offer for rental or retail to your guests. Feel free to get in touch 

User Stats

Votes
Mike Reynolds
Pro Member
  • construction
  • Nacogdoches, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • construction
  • Nacogdoches, TX
Replied Oct 1 2020, 20:38
Originally posted by @Britt Loukos:

We are under contract on 145 acres in Brevard NC. The property has direct access to Dupont State Recreational forest (a huge mountain bike/hiking/horseback riding area) and already has 10 miles of trails and a Pump Track that was built by Red Bull.  The site also has 2 vintage airstreams, a restored 1945 dairy barn, and a number of other unique lodging options.  

Our goal is to create the go to outdoor resort in North Carolina.  We want to add treehouses, dome glamping sites, an additional vintage airstream, and 50 camping spaces.  We also want to use the space for micro weddings, mountain bike/outdoors events, and other small gatherings.

Mountain biking has increased during the Pandemic as a way to get outside, exercise, and socially distance.  Forbes named RV travel the biggest trend of 2020.  After COVID, the world has changed.  People care more about human connection, wellness, and adventure.  While some dense hospitality models are struggling, outdoor living has only increased.  This project is a strategic move toward the future.  70% of people are working from home and want to visit an inspiring place to spend time in nature.

Just looking for overall feedback, insight, knowledge, and connections as we work through our due diligence process.  

Following the conversation. I might be your first customer if you close. Let me know how it goes please. I love the RV life. 

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Jesse Canady
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Wilmington, NC
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Wilmington, NC
Replied Oct 2 2020, 06:56

Wow, @Britt Loukos, this sounds incredible. Like @Mike Reynolds I may be one of your first customers! 

How close is it to downtown Brevard? Any water? (Lake/Pond/Creek)

User Stats

Votes
Britt Loukos
  • Flipper
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
  • Flipper
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied Oct 2 2020, 07:48

@Jesse Canady yes there's water on site!  It's 15 minutes from Brevard.  My cell is 317.652.7733, feel free to give me a call to discuss the property further!

User Stats

Votes
Replied Oct 2 2020, 07:50

Sounds like it could be successful. I live near Brevard and there are not many structured places like that. 

User Stats

Votes
Patrick McKenna
  • Investor
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied Oct 7 2020, 05:19

How do you plan to finance the project? 

User Stats

Votes
Britt Loukos
  • Flipper
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
  • Flipper
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied Oct 7 2020, 05:24

@Patrick McKenna we’re raising 2MM in equity right now. I am coinvesting 180k, and we have debt secured for 3.8MM

User Stats

Votes
Britt Loukos
  • Flipper
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
  • Flipper
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied Oct 7 2020, 05:24

@Philip Price awesome I appreciate that!

User Stats

Votes
Britt Loukos
  • Flipper
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
  • Flipper
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied Oct 7 2020, 05:25

@Nick Swan awesome will do!

User Stats

Votes
Gennaro Coscia
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Apex, NC
Votes |
  • Apex, NC
Replied Oct 7 2020, 05:29

@Britt Loukos great idea! Other possible streams of revenue, depending on how the property is set up, is trail races. Spartan/Tough Mudder, Xterra Triathlons, etc. After Covid those race companies will be looking for venues. Good Luck!

User Stats

Votes
Replied Apr 8 2021, 20:07

Can't wait to hear more about this! I will definitely camp or glamp lol I love dupont state forest! 

User Stats

Votes
Kyle D.
  • Greenville, NC
Votes |
  • Greenville, NC
Replied Apr 11 2021, 09:48

Have you thought of adding a disc golf course? It’s a great activity and has been exploding since quarantine as it’s a great way to get outside and still socially distance. If you need any help or want to discuss, DM me and I would be happy to help!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Chris Martin
  • Investor
  • Willow Spring, NC
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Willow Spring, NC
Replied May 1 2021, 06:35

@Britt Loukos how did this project end up? Dis you close on this property?