Want to invest in Ohio!

8 Replies

Hello,

I'm looking for an investor-friendly real estate agent in the Columbus, Bowling Green, Toledo area that can help me purchase my first investment property.  More specifically, I'm looking to buy and hold a duplex, triplex or fourplex.  I realize these are all totally different markets, but I just want to get my first deal done and have always liked this area of Ohio.  Any suggestions on investor-friendly realtors in these areas would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

@Rob Roy -

I can guide you in BG and Toledo. I'm not experienced in Columbus. 

I own Toledo 2,3,4 bedroom homes, duplexes, tri and four plexes as well as six units...each have their own advantages. 

Give me a call, we can discuss your needs. 

@Rob Roy I'm currently invested in Columbus market.  Feel free to send me a message.  I have great loan guy in the Columbus market that does nationwide loans and can do loans for homes low as $20,000 sales price and doesn't add junk fee's or hike up the rates because it's a low sales price.   Just be cautious of Columbus, as the homes are very street-by-street and can be difficult to navigate in the beginning.   Been in this market for nearly 2 years and like it.  I'll be flying out there in a few weeks as well to check out some more rentals. 

Rob, 

We work with a lot of investors and specialize in multifamily in Columbus Ohio and surrounding areas.  What are your investment goals for 2017 and 2018? Are you considering investing locally here in Columbus Ohio? Whats a good email and contact number for you?   Look forward to connecting. 

Sounds like you're interested in college housing. Is that correct? Definitely some money to be made in the large public Universities 

Thanks for the great responses!

@Antoine Martel  I don't think I am at this point.  But anything is certainly possible!

@Ian Kurela  That wasn't my intention, but I'm not opposed to it.  I always thought there could be pros (and definitely some cons) with investing in college housing.  What are you're takes on it?

@Christopher Suh I tried to PM you, but accidentally sent you a college request without a message, so I wasn't able to write another.  But I'd love to hear what you have to say as an out of state investor!

Originally posted by @Rob Roy :

Hello,

I'm looking for an investor-friendly real estate agent in the Columbus, Bowling Green, Toledo area that can help me purchase my first investment property.  More specifically, I'm looking to buy and hold a duplex, triplex or fourplex.  I realize these are all totally different markets, but I just want to get my first deal done and have always liked this area of Ohio.  Any suggestions on investor-friendly realtors in these areas would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Hey Rob,

You will be hard pressed to find duplexes, triplexes or a fourplex in Toledo in a decent area at a solid price.

After buying hundreds of properties over the years, those types of deals are a dime a dozen

For whatever reason they hold their value and not many folks are willing to sell at a discount.

I suggest not investing in lower class assets from afar as it's just too volatile.

The paper numbers look great but real life is a different story

Much success