Mitch Hovan
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
King-Lincoln Bronzeville, Columbus Real Estate

Mitch Hovan
  • Columbus, OH
Posted Jan 16 2019, 05:53

All,

I'm new to the Columbus area coming from Akron/Cleveland, so I'm not too familiar with King-Lincoln Bronzeville. Does anyone have any insight into this area and it's growth potential? I am considering a flip opportunity that I have here, but I'm curious to see what the general thoughts are. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mitch  

User Stats

Votes
Michael Hamby
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Pensacola, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Pensacola, FL
Replied Jan 17 2019, 06:37

Seems to be an area getting pretty hot and has a lot of growth potential considering the PACT revitalization program.  With a lot of these revitalization areas, it just depends on the quality of the immediate street you are on.   Check days on Market for closed and active listings.

Mullet Man Buys Houses Logo

User Stats

Votes
Mitch Hovan
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Jan 17 2019, 11:37

@Michael Hamby Thank you for the insight!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Grant Patmon
  • Investor
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Jan 19 2019, 18:02

@Mitch Hovan

Things have been slowing in KLB and similar downtown neighborhoods at an ARV above 300K. If you are looking for a $300K + ARV just make sure you have a large spread and plan for longer DOM's.

User Stats

Votes
Robert Ellis
Pro Member
  • Developer
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Developer
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Jan 21 2019, 18:54
Originally posted by @Mitch Hovan:

All,

I'm new to the Columbus area coming from Akron/Cleveland, so I'm not too familiar with King-Lincoln Bronzeville. Does anyone have any insight into this area and it's growth potential? I am considering a flip opportunity that I have here, but I'm curious to see what the general thoughts are. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mitch  

Hey Mitch! We are doing a project right now in King Lincoln. In addition i sold several apartments and smaller multifamily projects in the area. I know if the first new build going up there on Miami. Our project is on 21st. I like it a lot and a lot of experienced rehabbers I know that are doing 30+ projects a year, at least one or two are in that area of columbus . Feel free to send me your deal and i'd be happy to give you my thoughts. 

User Stats

Votes
Mitch Hovan
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Jan 22 2019, 08:37

@Robert Ellis I appreciate your help! I'm still working out the details with the current owner, but when I get things straightened out I'll more than likely send them your way for a quick review.

User Stats

Votes
David Yoder
  • Developer
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
  • Developer
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Jan 25 2019, 04:29

Mitch, there is plenty of opportunity in King Lincoln.  You just need to know where the boundaries are.  They go street by street and so you just need to be very careful with your comps.  Think Zillow sold properties 1 block away on the same street. A realtor working the neighborhood (like Robert) could assist.  

If you PM me the address, we could have a chat offline about the deal.

Here is a link to a neighborhood map 

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?mid=1ZyLi...