• Property Manager
  • Clemson, SC
Votes |
New Investor in Upstate South Carolina

Juan Carlos Arellano
  • Property Manager
  • Clemson, SC
Posted Oct 17 2019, 11:32

Hello Everyone, I'm Carlos and after actively lurking on this website for the past year and a half combing through forums and discussions that piqued my interest, I feel I've attained considerable knowledge to take my first leap into real estate investing. Not only have I been an active reader on BP, I've also been an avid listener of the BP Podcast. To tell you a little bit about my situation, I'll be graduating in December from Clemson University with a BS in Management and I'll be going off to training for 6 months with the U.S. Army National Guard. I would like to buy my first investment property if possible before I leave for training at the end of January. I've got a 650+ credit score and I would have a couple of grand for a down payment. Other things to add just for credibilty would be that I'll have a good chunk of money coming back from training in July of 2020 and I've got a real estate license where I currently work as an agent under KW. I'm also currently in the process of becoming a member of Upstate CREIA and have been writing up a business plan for what I'm trying to accomplish. My one thing holding me back is the fact that I don't have 2 years of work history with W-2's that lenders look for when looking to preapprove a prospect. I've turned to looking for portfolio lending due to my situation. Or know of any unconvetional ways to obtain financing?

Loading replies...