Seeking Houston CPA Partner Investor

Seeking Houston CPA Partner Investor

Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2015 · 57 posts · 21 votes

Hey BP,

I am a beginner buy and hold real estate investor in Houston. I have one property with the plan to acquire many over the next year. I am looking to partner up with a professional CPA that would be close to my age. I want a relationship that I can grow and build over the next 30 years as I build my real estate investment company. Do you know CPA's in their 20's or 30's that would be interested in something like this?

Thanks!

0Reply
29 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Mercer Island, WA · Member since 2008 · 22k+ posts · 14k+ votes
11y

Not sure why you say you want to partner with a CPA.  CPAs are service providers you hire and pay them as you use their services.  Like an attorney.

For a CPA, your primary consideration should be someone who intimately understands the type of transactions you're doing.  Ideally someone who's defended their decisions in front of the IRS and won.

See this reply in the discussion

17 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Mercer Island, WA · Member since 2008 · 22k+ posts · 14k+ votes
    11y

    Not sure why you say you want to partner with a CPA.  CPAs are service providers you hire and pay them as you use their services.  Like an attorney.

    For a CPA, your primary consideration should be someone who intimately understands the type of transactions you're doing.  Ideally someone who's defended their decisions in front of the IRS and won.

  • Jerry TaBusiness Member
    Property Manager · Houston, TX · Member since 2012 · 256 posts · 121 votes
    11y

    Not sure I follow the whole CPA qualification either.  I am a CPA, though non-practicing now, and invest in real estate in Houston.

  • Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2015 · 57 posts · 21 votes
    11y

    Sorry if I was not clear on my initial statement. I am just seeking a CPA in Houston that is just starting out and is looking to develop long term relationships. Not necessarily someone to partner with me on investment deals. Most of the CPAs that are real estate focused in Houston seem to already be well established and have 100s of clients. I want someone that I can start and grow with throughout the next 30 years. 

  • Certified Public Accountant · Houston, TX · Member since 2015 · 72 posts · 24 votes
    10y

    @Jonathan Bonck  If you haven't found one yet, let me know.

  • Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2015 · 57 posts · 21 votes
    10y

    Hi @Albert Okagbue I sure did. Going to work with him this year. If things ever change I will be sure to let you know. thanks for reaching out! 

  • Attorney · Katy, TX · Member since 2014 · 397 posts · 215 votes
    10y

    Jonathan,

    Who did you end up going with?  I'm in the market for a CPA now.

  • Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2015 · 57 posts · 21 votes
    10y

    @Ethan G. I went with someone I met a eepb. They are a firm in Houston. I just started working with them. So I don't have a lot of feedback. But our first meeting went really well. you should also check out @Albert Okagbue! Hope this helps!

  • Real Estate Agent · Atlanata, GA · Member since 2016 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    @Jonathan Bonck Have you been happy with and would recommend the CPA you met and have been working with the last 11 months?  If so, would you mind sending me their name and contact info?  Thank you in advance!

  • Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2015 · 57 posts · 21 votes
    9y

    I am very happy with my CPA. Ill send via message @Heather Hill

  • Missouri City, TX · Member since 2017 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    9y
    Jonathan Bonck would you mind sharing your CPA contact info ? Thanks
  • Houston, TX · Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 3 votes
    9y

    @Jonathan Bonck, are you still satisfied with your CPA? If so, would you mind sharing their contact information? Thank you in advance!

  • Houston, TX · Member since 2017 · 40 posts · 19 votes
    9y

    @Jonathan Bonck Would you mind sharing your CPA contact with me as well? Thanks. 

  • Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2017 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    8y

    Can you please share your Houston real estate CPA with me please? I am currently searching for one and have not had much luck. Thanks

  • Houston, TX · Member since 2017 · 17 posts · 5 votes
    8y
    Would you mind sharing the CPA info as well?
  • Yonah WeissPro Member
    Cost Segregation Expert and Investor · Lakewood, NJ · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Joseph Anderson:

    Would you mind sharing the CPA info as well?

    I can highly recommend @Daniel Hyman , CPA and his firm My Online Accountant, LLC

    I know he and his partner are originally from Houston, and have several clients in Houston. They specialize in real estate. Best of luck!

  • Corey GrantPro Member
    Investor · Livingston, TX · Member since 2016 · 66 posts · 17 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Ethan G.:

    Jonathan,

    Who did you end up going with?  I'm in the market for a CPA now.


     Hi Ethan.  Do you have a recommendation for a CPA?  Also, I think we had a conversation about your purchase agreement.  I'm interested in something other than the TREC contract.

  • Corey GrantPro Member
    Investor · Livingston, TX · Member since 2016 · 66 posts · 17 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Jonathan Bonck:

    I am very happy with my CPA. Ill send via message @Heather Hill


     Can I get those details?  My local guy isn't working out so well.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.