• Aribre LLC
  • Hampton, VA
Votes |
Hampton Roads and Virginia Investors

Bryan Patterson
  • Aribre LLC
  • Hampton, VA
Posted Sep 11 2015, 07:05

Hello Investors of the Hampton Roads and Virginia area.

I'm starting this post to see if there is are any meet ups happening in this area and if so when and where are such events taking place?

If there is not any at the time, I want to see if investors in this area are open to getting together for a casual meeting and networking event.

I would very much like to meet investors of all experience levels so if you all open to such an event please let me know.

Thank you in advance and I hope we can all get together soon some time in the near future.

User Stats

Votes
Andrew Syrios
Pro Member
  • Residential Real Estate Investor
  • Kansas City, MO
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Residential Real Estate Investor
  • Kansas City, MO
ModeratorReplied Sep 11 2015, 07:40

Welcome to BP Bryan! There should be a local REIA (real estate investment association) in Hampton that you should look for.

User Stats

Votes
Edward Barnes
  • Smithfield, VA
Votes |
  • Smithfield, VA
Replied Sep 11 2015, 08:23

Hi Bryan, if you're on the peninsula there's PREIA. Info on the monthly meetings is at meetup.com. The only expense being the meal, little more informal and smaller. TRIG is on the south side, can't say I've ever attended, but from what I understand it's more established, a lot larger group, more formal, and there's usually a fee associated.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Bryan Patterson
  • Aribre LLC
  • Hampton, VA
Votes |
  • Aribre LLC
  • Hampton, VA
Replied Sep 11 2015, 09:11

Thank you very much Edward and Andrew for your response. I will check out PREI and see if I can sign up with meetup.com

User Stats

Votes
Greg Pride
  • New to Real Estate
  • Newport News, VA
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Newport News, VA
Replied May 31 2016, 19:45

Hello Bryan,

I know that this is an older post, but if you have not tried TRIG, then I encourage you to do so.  I recently joined after going to two meetings as a guest.  Its a large group of about 300 members and there is a lot of useful information and great networking opportunities.  The June meeting is a networking session.  

User Stats

Votes
Ntiranyibagira Gaspard
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Suffolk, VA
Votes |
  • Suffolk, VA
Replied Jun 12 2020, 08:36

@Bryan Patterson

Hello Bryan, I’m very new and want to start investing. I am looking to connect and network with other Real Estate investors

Account Closed#4 Coronavirus Conversation Contributor
  • Investor
  • Midlothian, VA
Votes |
Account Closed#4 Coronavirus Conversation Contributor
  • Investor
  • Midlothian, VA
Replied Jun 29 2020, 12:20

@Bryan Patterson, I'm a local investor in the Richmond market. I sent you a connection invite! Let's connect and talk! 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jul 3 2020, 22:21

Hello,

I'm moving to Va Beach in the next couple of months, and I want to start investing in rental properties before the end of the year. I really would like to meet and converse with anyone who is of the same mindset to pick your brain and strategize. I lived in VA beach a few years ago but work took me to the west coast. Now that I am coming back, VA Beach will be my permanent home.

User Stats

Votes
Meghan Freckleton-Hopkins
Pro Member
  • Suffolk, VA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Suffolk, VA
Replied Sep 19 2020, 07:24

@Bryan Patterson did you end up joining the PREIA? I am on the Peninsula and looking to connect with like minded individuals. Currently working on getting our second rental and learning the different markets in the area.

User Stats

Votes
Rashid Neighbors
  • Ashburn, VA
Votes |
  • Ashburn, VA
Replied Sep 20 2020, 05:00

@Bryan Patterson I am looking for the same but I am in NOVA. I am in the Tidewater area from time to time