Massanutten cash flow?

5 Replies

Hey BPers,

Wondering if anyone has any data on how a purchase in Massanutten can pencil in from a cashflow perspective.

Thinking of purchasing a getaway house up there -- but mainly if it can pay for itself through a rental program, VRBO, AirBNB or another site.

Thanks for any insights!

Jonathan 

LOL that’s the one I was looking at. I just have no sense on how often they rent out, at what rate, and what the management costs are up there. If you know I’d love to discuss with you, it’s a reasonably serious inquiry, thanks. 

It's pretty straight forward to analyze the potential if other STRs are nearby.

Did into your Airdna.co data and see how the best performers are doing.

Let me know if you need help.

Best to you

@Jonathan C. , I bought a house three years ago in Massanutten with the profits from my first flip and it's one of the best investments that I've made. It's been so successful that several friends have now purchased properties there and all of our properties rent out really well. There's a nice profit to be made while enjoying a nice vacation spot in the mountains when you want to take advantage of it. 

I highly recommend Massanutten to any one that's considering a vacation rental home. Everyone wants a beach house but I'm actually looking at buying a vacation rental beach house right now and it won't cash flow like the houses in the Shenandoah mountains. Beach houses have a very seasonal rental period but Massanutten attracts guests year round. Every weekend is booked and at least 50% of weekdays are booked. Please feel free to reach out to me if you'd like more info on the rent roll for any of the properties that I manage in Massanutten. I'm always happy to chat about my experience with my houses. It's been such a blessing and I'm happy to share the info.