• Walla Walla, WA
Votes |
Opportunity or Shiny Object Syndrome?

Tony Wooldridge
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Walla Walla, WA
Posted Jul 27 2017, 20:43

Hello Washington State BP Nation! It has been awhile since I have asked for your advice/help on something. I have been extremely busy on my 1st Flip project which is not the reason I am here today. We just found out that our really small community that I live in is going to get a GR8 big boost as there is going to be a new business venture coming to town and will bring in approximately 100 jobs directly related to the new business. Now with growth comes more indirect jobs in services within the community that will require a need for quality housing both rental and purchase as well.

So my question to you BP is I am a self proclaimed Flipper (which I do enjoy) however, with the possibility of this huge (at least for this town) potential need for quality housing should I start to try to look at the buy and hold as well? Now I must say that my long term game plan was to eventually get into the passive RE game (rental/buy & hold) but certainly not this soon. However, it also begs the question of how to become liquid fast enough to take advantage of this foreseeable opportunity! The new business venture will not be completed until the end of 2018 which gives me time to build up my ability to acquire more homes before the immediate need arrives.

So once again, is this an opportunity or a distraction? Thanks as always for your insight BP Nation, I always sincerely appreciate your help. Here is to wishing everyone a successful 2017 in your REI ventures!

Loading replies...