• Kusatsu, Shiga
Votes |
Advice from locals in Birmingham, AL

Daniel Mills
  • Investor
  • Kusatsu, Shiga
Posted Nov 1 2017, 04:27

Hi guys,

I live and work in Japan, but I currently own seven SFH rentals in the US. I bought two the traditional way and the other five are turn-key. I completely lucked out with my turn-key company in Memphis, so I sort of blindly invested with a Birmingham turn-key company. I have to admit, I didn't do as much homework as I should of, but everything seems to be OK. Now, I would like to continue building my portfolio there with a couple more houses and I would really appreciate some local market insight.

The home I own currently is in the Fultondale area (35068). I bought it for $94,900 and rent it for $975 a month. It's rented to a section 8 tenant. Most of the other properties this company sells are in the Center Point area (35215). Does anyone invest in this area? What can you tell me? If I were to post some properties would you be able to tell me what you think of the area?

Keep in mind, I'm not trying to debate turn-key versus traditional investing or SF versus multi here. I have a unique situation and this is just a part of my real estate investing plan, which includes local properties as well. 

Thanks,

Daniel

Loading replies...