Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Birmingham Real Estate Forum
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Roderick Smith
  • Investor
  • Birmingham, AL
Votes |
Online Real Estate Schools

Roderick Smith
  • Investor
  • Birmingham, AL
Posted Nov 3 2017, 20:27

What is the best online real estate school in Alabama where students can talk with instructors?

User Stats

Votes
Sy Mularz
  • Auburn, AL
Votes |
  • Auburn, AL
Replied Nov 4 2017, 16:53

I did mark Yarbrough right there in BHam. I used his satellite class in Auburn. If you want to do it online you can, but I know a lot of people who have failed be of it. Online or not I recommend using prepagent.com. That's what helped me pass it on the first try.

User Stats

Votes
Roderick Smith
  • Investor
  • Birmingham, AL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Birmingham, AL
Replied Nov 4 2017, 21:09

Thanks a lot ill look them up and check it out.

BAM Capital  logo
BAM Capital
|
Sponsored
Your Path to Generational Wealth We offer wealth-building and income-producing real estate opportunities for accredited investors.

User Stats

Votes
Sy Mularz
  • Auburn, AL
Votes |
  • Auburn, AL
Replied Nov 4 2017, 22:07

Good luck bud! The only other advice I would give, is that the exam is tricky. A lot of words that I have never heard before. Knowing the vocabulary will help you get pass their word play. 

User Stats

Votes
Pamela Brady
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Jacksonville, AL
Votes |
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Jacksonville, AL
Replied Nov 5 2017, 05:14

@RoderickSmith I took Marks class also. He is good. Entertaining. I liked Marks format because it was at night, at a distance and I could communicate with him if needed. If you need to take online, I heard one Agent on here mention 360training.com. I just remember it was cheaper than being in class. You can go to AREC (Alabama Real Estate Commission) website to get some options of approved courses. Good luck!

User Stats

Votes
Sam Shueh
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cupertino, CA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cupertino, CA
Replied Nov 5 2017, 06:21

Suggest live schools. You pay ~$5 to 600 but they focus on test questions. Once obtaining the license you get your money back from those who will sponsor your schooling after 1st transaction. C21 for example has in house school more than willing to give it back.

The tests are same from past years. Correct ans is not what you expect. The only tests are more straight forward. That is why online schools have most failing. Live school teach you how to pass the test even if you don't understand the questions.