Looking to get started

Looking to get started

Mobile, AL · Member since 2017 · 4 posts · 0 votes

Hello, 

My name is Justin and and I live here in Mobile and I want to be become financially capable and independent from investing in local real estate. If anyone wants to meet up or discuss how it's going for you, I would love to connect so we can share knowledge and work together.  I am mostly interested in wholesaling, eventually flipping. I just want to get connected in the community before I start all on my own! Thanks!

0Reply
26 views

Most Popular Reply

Software Developer · Mobile, AL · Member since 2016 · 42 posts · 29 votes
8y

@Justin Taylor

I don't know if you're still looking to get connected, but there are two investor's groups that I know of so far. I've been to a PIG meeting (first one is free, then you have to become a paying member to attend). Personally, I think that group is too advanced for me. A lot seemed to be industry professionals more so than investors.

Another group is done through IRBY. I have not attended one of their sessions yet but their round ups are free. I'm hoping it'll be a little more laid back of an atmosphere. They have one scheduled in March. You can PM me if you're interested and I can get the details to you.

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Covington, LA · Member since 2017 · 78 posts · 28 votes
    8y
    Justin Taylor , how goes it get getting connected? Been very quiet on the Mobile, Alabama forum for a while. Have you gone to any RE investing meet ups? Keric Allen
  • Mobile, AL · Member since 2017 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    Kedric , it has been a slow start, haven't been able to get to any meetups just yet due to the timing. Still hoping to get connected soon. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Birmingham, AL · Member since 2017 · 38 posts · 12 votes
    8y
    Justin Taylor welcome to BP. Let me know if you find any wholesale deals in the Tuscaloosa/Birmingham area. Good luck!
  • Mandeville, Louisiana (LA) · Member since 2017 · 21 posts · 4 votes
    8y

    Hi Justin, don’t feel alone, newbie here too but learning every day! 

  • Software Developer · Mobile, AL · Member since 2016 · 42 posts · 29 votes
    8y

    @Justin Taylor

    I don't know if you're still looking to get connected, but there are two investor's groups that I know of so far. I've been to a PIG meeting (first one is free, then you have to become a paying member to attend). Personally, I think that group is too advanced for me. A lot seemed to be industry professionals more so than investors.

    Another group is done through IRBY. I have not attended one of their sessions yet but their round ups are free. I'm hoping it'll be a little more laid back of an atmosphere. They have one scheduled in March. You can PM me if you're interested and I can get the details to you.

  • Mobile, AL · Member since 2017 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    Thanks Ashley, I have attended the IRBY meetings. They are great, you should come check them out in March for sure.

  • Mobile, AL · Member since 2018 · 7 posts · 2 votes
    8y

    Hey Justin, 

    I live in West Mobile..and am new to real estate investing as well. I am looking more towards buy and hold cash flow properties. You mentioned you attended some of the Irby meetings and I am curious about what you think of them. I am out of town a lot with my W-2 job, and my time at home is valuable...so I don't want to waste my time with a guru trying to tell me how to get rich quick. What is you opinion of their meetings? 

  • Rental Property Investor · Gulf Breeze, FL · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 733 votes
    8y

    @Justin Taylor - check out the PIG led by @Matt Robinson  Great for networking and doing deals. 

  • Mobile, AL · Member since 2017 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    Christian, I think the IRBY meetings are great and informative plus they are free. You can check out their Facebook page a few days in advance and they will usually have who is speaking and what topic they plan to speak on. Plus lots of people come and it's a great place to hang out and talk with like minded people and such, I recommend going it will be worth your time. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.