Votes
Daniel Harris
  • Huntsville, AL
Votes |
Huntsville Deal Finding Discussion

Daniel Harris
  • Huntsville, AL
Posted Jan 14 2017, 08:32

Hello Huntsville. I'm rather new to investing in real estate, so I'm looking to bounce some ideas off of people in my area in order for me to try new things and eventually get my first deal.

Don't mind the quizzical nature of the questions. I'm just trying to get a discussion on deal finding started.

What processes have you followed to find deals and which of them works out for you the best?
Why did they other processes not work so well?
What do you want to try in the future?

User Stats

Votes
Kashyap Trivedi
  • Long Beach, CA
Votes |
  • Long Beach, CA
Replied Feb 3 2018, 10:23

@Zachary C. Thanks for the feedback on the numbers. My offer on a sfh got accepted, just going through the process right now.

User Stats

Votes
Melissa Nash
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Orange County, CA
Votes |
  • Orange County, CA
Replied Apr 25 2018, 19:11

@Kashyap Trivedi I know that this post is old--- I am also from Long Beach and invest in Huntsville! Small world! FYI I don't know if someone answered your questions or not and assuming that they did--- I will answer in case anyone else following this thread is asking the same questions. If your property is "TURNKEY" then those numbers with cap ex are way too high. There is no cap ex on a newly rehabbed property. That is assuming this was a good rehab. If they didn't replace some of the big ticket items- then you can add some cap ex % back in there. Turnkey- the work has already been done- so most investors use much lower %. You can also get 8% PM in huntsville- let me know if you need recommendations?  Best of luck! 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Kashyap Trivedi
  • Long Beach, CA
Votes |
  • Long Beach, CA
Replied Apr 30 2018, 16:43

@Melissa Nash Thanks Melissa, appreciate your advice! Where in Long Beach are you? I'm in Belmont Heights

User Stats

Votes
Melissa Nash
  • Orange County, CA
Votes |
  • Orange County, CA
Replied Apr 30 2018, 20:39

@Kashyap Trivedi very close to you! I am in Bixby Hills by CSULB!