Innovative Strategies

User Stats

Votes
Walter Duncan
Votes |
Reusing Granite Counter Tops

Walter Duncan
Posted Mar 3 2024, 17:20

Hey there smarter people.  I have a single family rental home and the laminate kitchen counters need to be replaced.  My neighbor is replacing her like new granite tops, and I get to keep the old granite if I want.  I'm not quickly finding much on G0Ogle nor BP that helps me with this decision, nor next step.  Is it worth pursuing moving the granite, having it cutdown to right size, and installed on the current cabinets?  There is more than enough square feet, but there will need to be several cuts before installed on the rental.  Or should I just let her dispose of them and do my own thing?  I'm finding that granite is difficult move repurpose.  Her contractors will probably just bust up the old granite for easy removal.  I don't want to inconvenience her by having another contractor remove them, and we will never get the timing right between contractors.  I guess I can contact her contractor and ask some questions.  Appreciate some your thoughts on this.  I'm just trying to save some money and use nice material that is going to the landfill.

User Stats

Votes
Kiernan LaFaver
  • Real Estate Agent
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
Replied Mar 3 2024, 19:26

Depends on cost/quality. If it’s good quality and cheaper for you and there’s enough to cover your place, then yeah I’d say it’s a good deal. I’d suggest reaching out to her contractor as you suggested