Innovative Strategies

User Stats

Votes
Luis Caracosa
Votes |
Subject-to creative finance

Luis Caracosa
Posted Mar 6 2024, 17:28

Hello BP mentors, is there anyone who can guide me on Subject-to sale?

Background: we acquired a property Dec 2021 using the subject-to strategy. We created a contract for deed when we first acquired the property but now we are trying to sell since the person who owns it wants it out of their name. I think we missed steps while using this transaction because the title company said they can’t do anything because we never transferred the deed into our name. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Luis

User Stats

Votes
Mike Hern
Pro Member
#3 Market Trends & Data Contributor
  • Investor
  • Scottsdale Austin Tuktoyaktuk
Votes |
Pro Member
#3 Market Trends & Data Contributor
  • Investor
  • Scottsdale Austin Tuktoyaktuk
Replied Mar 6 2024, 18:06
Quote from @Luis Caracosa:

Hello BP mentors, is there anyone who can guide me on Subject-to sale?

Background: we acquired a property Dec 2021 using the subject-to strategy. We created a contract for deed when we first acquired the property but now we are trying to sell since the person who owns it wants it out of their name. I think we missed steps while using this transaction because the title company said they can’t do anything because we never transferred the deed into our name. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Luis

I clean these up all of the time because a "guru" out there, very popular by the way, is giving bad advice. If you fell prey to that "community" I'd ask for my money back. 

You've got a technical problem that involves several things. It can be fixed, but we're not cheap.