Peoria, IL · Member since 2013 · 967 posts · 383 votes
What are some cost saving strategies people use to buy materials from Lowes/Home Depot/Menards etc.
I am planning to close on a house on the 23rd of January. It needs 4 to 6 windows replaced. Windows total will probably run around $600 total.
After closing, I was planning to open a new mastercard/visa account to get $100 if I spend $500 in the first 3 months I know my bro in law has a mastercard that gives him 3% back in cash on what he spends.
Also there are some web sites that I can buy home depot gift cards 10% off.
Do any other BP members start combining these to reduce their costs? I would think it would really be worth it if you were spending a bunch as a builder/rehabber?
What are the innovative ways you've saved money on materials?
Hanford, CA · Member since 2013 · 5k+ posts · 1k+ votes
11y
If we get the house we are currently working on. It will need a total paint job. I was thinking about combining the 10% military discount with the gift discount, along with getting points for putting it all on my credit card.
Hanford, CA · Member since 2013 · 5k+ posts · 1k+ votes
11y
If we get the house we are currently working on. It will need a total paint job. I was thinking about combining the 10% military discount with the gift discount, along with getting points for putting it all on my credit card.
Peoria, IL · Member since 2013 · 967 posts · 383 votes
11y
I called home depot today and they said I could combine 10% military with gift discount. Still working on the best point credit card. What kind of points are you getting on your cards?
I know at one point Menards was allowing people to get 11% back on gift cards. Then use the gift cards to buy material and get another 11% back. (in Menards store credit)
Tracy, CA · Member since 2012 · 48 posts · 22 votes
11y
Check out ebay for 10% off lowes coupons that you can use at HD and other stores. (makes sure you get a physical 10% off coupon). I have used it with multiple flips and the savings can be substantial. I use Home Depot, and have a pro reward account which gives me additional discount.