• Greater Los Angeles Area
Votes |
Assisted Living Facilities

Kyle Mitchell
  • Multifamily Syndicator
  • Greater Los Angeles Area
Posted Aug 20 2018, 15:15

Hi everyone,

In the past I posted about Residential Assisted Living but is anyone out there doing this on a commercial level?  I'm looking into taking vacant buildings and re-purposing them to Assisted Living.  If anyone out there knows of anyone or is doing this themselves I would love to connect!

Thanks,

Kyle 

User Stats

Votes
Olivia C.
  • Point Roberts, WA
Votes |
  • Point Roberts, WA
Replied Sep 4 2018, 20:59

Running an Assisted Living business is more like running a medical business.  Very tricky.

What might be easier is over 62 independent living with ramps, grab bars, etc.  

There is a huge need for affordable housing in this area.  

Check with your local Housing Authority office regarding tax breaks, etc.   You might be able to get grants. 

Section 8 housing HUD funding seems to have dried up, even though a formal disbanding of the program has not been announced. So I would be wary of this approach.

User Stats

Votes
Gene Guarino
Pro Member
  • Residential Assisted Living
  • Tempe, AZ
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Tempe, AZ
Replied Sep 10 2018, 13:50

Hello Kyle,

It looks like you are in CA.  

They call this RCFE (Residential Care For The Elderly) or Board and Care in CA.

It is not medical and you can do this in a single family home.  There are more moving parts and there is a lot more money to be made as well.  Even and "average" home can be netting you $5,000 to $15,000 PER MONTH.  I own and operate these homes and I train others to do it too.  

There are thousands of homes that are currently being used for this and there is room for thousands more.  If you would like more information on how you can do this in CA or any state, send me a PM and I will direct you to some resources.

Do Good and Do Well,

Gene

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Oct 16 2018, 18:10
@Gene Guarino Hi Gene I am interested in learning more regarding the assisted living home in a single family residence.

User Stats

Votes
Gene Guarino
Pro Member
  • Tempe, AZ
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Tempe, AZ
Replied Oct 17 2018, 15:02

Hello Tina,

Please call our number directly and we can get you all the information that you need.  BP doesn't allow me to give you my website and email in this forum but it is in my signature line below.  I look forward to helping you.

TY

Gene

User Stats

Votes
Mike Chern
  • Investor
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
  • Investor
  • San Antonio, TX
Replied Oct 17 2018, 23:50

@Gene Guarino