What are ways to learn about my market

What are ways to learn about my market

Rental Property Investor · Corpus Christi, TX · Member since 2019 · 23 posts · 8 votes

While I’m in the process of Learning as much as I can. What are some ways that can start seeing what types of houses are selling? Or which area would be the best to sale in? I work a 2day on 4 off schedule so there’s so much time to learn. Hopefully I don’t get paralysis analysis.

0Reply
40 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Member since 2020 · 324 posts · 278 votes
6y

#1 Network - Talk to anyone and everyone in the business (realtors, property managers, contractors, lenders, investors)

#2 Request stats on sales from your Real Estate Agent.  They should be able to give you the number of sales, prices and days on market for a specific area (ie Zip Code or County) and for a time period (last 90 days, 1 year ago, etc)

From there I also look at businesses coming in and out, unemployment rates and crime rates.  That's a great way to get started.

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Member since 2020 · 324 posts · 278 votes
    6y

    #1 Network - Talk to anyone and everyone in the business (realtors, property managers, contractors, lenders, investors)

    #2 Request stats on sales from your Real Estate Agent.  They should be able to give you the number of sales, prices and days on market for a specific area (ie Zip Code or County) and for a time period (last 90 days, 1 year ago, etc)

    From there I also look at businesses coming in and out, unemployment rates and crime rates.  That's a great way to get started.

  • Kingsland, TX · Member since 2018 · 164 posts · 86 votes
    6y

    Zillow allows you to look at homes that have recently sold in your area. This may help with your market research. It also helps to start getting out there and looking at houses with a real estate agent, walking through the property, seeing what kind of updates are popular in your market. If you set up automatic email alerts with your agent, then you can see what kinds of housing are coming onto the market.

  • Rental Property Investor · Corpus Christi, TX · Member since 2019 · 23 posts · 8 votes
    6y

    @Andrea Weule thank you! Networking has never been a Fortay of mine. Introvert lol though I am trying to talk to more people daily to get comfortable. Thank you

  • Rental Property Investor · Corpus Christi, TX · Member since 2019 · 23 posts · 8 votes
    6y

    @Lauren Juarez thank you! I downloaded the app and hour right! Ive been looking at all the sold homes now and seeing what u could potentially buy in that area to rehab and get a good arv. Thank you!

  • Rental Property Investor · Collingswood, NJ · Member since 2016 · 282 posts · 116 votes
    6y

    @Alfredo Franco I second everything mentioned above but would also add to start analyzing deals. Watch some of the BP videos or read some of the articles on how to analyze deals and start practicing on some in your area. If your unsure on if your doing it correctly, you can always ask someone in your local market or post it on BP!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.