Skip to content
Los Angeles County Real Estate Forum

User Stats

Votes
Jorge Ramsés García
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
What would they do with 350,000 USD in Los Angeles?

Jorge Ramsés García
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Los Angeles, CA
Posted Aug 12 2020, 15:05

I would like to know your point of view on how you would maximize capital by focusing on cash flow.

User Stats

Votes
Nabil Suleiman
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Los Angeles, CA
Replied Aug 12 2020, 16:08

@Jorge Ramsés García

Does this person have a full time job or is real estate their full time job?

User Stats

Votes
Jorge Ramsés García
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Los Angeles, CA
Replied Aug 12 2020, 16:09

@Nabil Suleiman FULL TIME INVESTOR 🏘

Vacasa logo
Vacasa
|
Sponsored
We do the work. You get the ROI. We do it all for your vacation rental. All—marketing, pricing, guest requests, housekeeping & more.

User Stats

Votes
Nabil Suleiman
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Los Angeles, CA
Replied Aug 12 2020, 16:23

@Jorge Ramsés García

Im speaking purely for investing in LA

1.If brand new to RE, some options would be to find other active investors, and either provide capital or JV with them. (aka there are always developers looking for Capital)

2. Take on projects yourself if you feel you have the understanding or the confidence. If you can utilize todays market demand and are comfortable with that risk, it can be very advantageous. 

3. Find a multi unit in need of work and higher rent in an area you want to invest in, vacate and rehab what you can, and increase your cap significantly. 

4. ADU's are a popular source of cash flow if you have the upfront money to afford doing them.

Those are my thoughts. I can't comment out of state but I know a lot of people find great success with cash flow. 

User Stats

Votes
Jorge Ramsés García
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Los Angeles, CA
Replied Aug 13 2020, 12:40
Originally posted by @Nabil Suleiman:

@Jorge Ramsés García

Im speaking purely for investing in LA

1.If brand new to RE, some options would be to find other active investors, and either provide capital or JV with them. (aka there are always developers looking for Capital)

2. Take on projects yourself if you feel you have the understanding or the confidence. If you can utilize todays market demand and are comfortable with that risk, it can be very advantageous. 

3. Find a multi unit in need of work and higher rent in an area you want to invest in, vacate and rehab what you can, and increase your cap significantly. 

4. ADU's are a popular source of cash flow if you have the upfront money to afford doing them.

Those are my thoughts. I can't comment out of state but I know a lot of people find great success with cash flow. 

That is exactly my question, I have found differences in opinions, since some have recommended me to invest in units outside the state of California to maximize cash flow

User Stats

Votes
Nabil Suleiman
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Los Angeles, CA
Replied Aug 13 2020, 12:59

@Jorge Ramsés García You will find way more opinions telling you to invest out of state because most people can't afford or don't want to invest that kind of money in LA. You can buy large multi unit complexes in the sun belt and shoot for 100 a door vs that maybe buying a duplex in LA that needs a lot of renovation and potentially comes with unfriendly tenants. Takes a special kind of risk taker to do stuff in LA or similar priced cities. You kind of just have to explore what you are comfortable with and where you see value yourself and go hard there. Otherwise everything will be a shiny diamond, because everyone on here can share their reasoning behind why they think their investment choice is the best choice. I like investing where I live, and justify my investment choices. Are there better cash flow options out of state? Probably. But thats not what I want to do. 

Not sure if that helps in anyway but I hope it does a little :)