• Architect
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
Getting Started in LA

Cynthia Sigler
  • Architect
  • Los Angeles, CA
Posted May 5 2021, 22:02

Hello! I am moving to LA for work in a few months and wanted to take the opportunity to get finally actively involved in real estate investing. I'd be most interested in a live-in flip or house hacking, and this would be my first house purchase. The LA market seems like a tough one for someone starting out with limited cash (I've got about 50K available for down payment/closing costs). On top of that inventory is low and demand is high at the moment. That being said, I know that is is possible to get a good deal in LA and that there could be benefits to investing in a desirable market even if it might cost more upfront. I've also been interested in RE investing for a while and I want to take action. My question to some seasoned investors and people familiar with the area is - do you think that the current LA market is a good one to get started in? If so, what neighborhoods and areas would you recommend focusing in on? The alternative could be to rent in LA and invest outside of the city or state, but I definitely want to explore all options. 

Any additional thoughts or bits of advice are also welcome! Looking forward to connecting with and getting to know this BP community. Thanks!

Loading replies...