• Property Manager
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
Multifamily House Hacking in San Diego

Bryce Baker
  • Property Manager
  • San Diego, CA
Posted Nov 11 2017, 12:13

Hello San Diegans! About a month ago I learned about this site and have been self-educating like a mad man about REI. This is my first time dipping my toes in the forums :)

I am 25 with a lifestyle that perfectly aligns with purchasing a MFP and house hacking. It's a no brainer for me to implement at this time in my life. Property management is my day job so fixing the property up, renting it, and managing it are aspects of house hacking that excite me even more about it!

My capital available to invest is not significant; however, I believe that if I presented family and good family friends with my goals and brought them deals that made sense I could raise the capital needed to secure my first property. I definitely have a lot of man hours to invest in analyzing and understanding deals before I begin making serious offers.

My question is this--am I being naive in considering an owner-occupied MFP in San Diego (most likely central, within a 10 mile radius of the highway 5/8 junction) as my first REI? I know SoCal can be cutthroat, but I love this city and would prefer to continue living here through my 20s at least.

All feedback and advice will be much appreciated!

Loading replies...