Recommended audio book

19 Replies

Promotion
Roofstock
Buy & sell single-family rentals online
Radically accessible real estate investing
Get access to exclusive property listings, proprietary data, and support to build your portfolio.
Learn More

Smart move. They say the car is a university on wheels.

Here are some great books that I highly recommend that I've read in the past year in no particular order:

1- The Magic of Thinking Big (the size of your belief = the size of your success)

2- The 4 Hour Week - Tim Ferriss (productivity and leveraging technology and 80/20 rule)

3- Eat that frog - Brian Tracy (productivity, focusing on 80/20 rule)

4- Lean Startup Method (bootstrapping and adaptive learning)

5- How to Win Friends and Influence People (classic on working with people)

Enjoy.

-SK-

I enjoyed listening to Jeffrey Gitomer's Little Green Book of Getting Your Way: How to Speak, Write, Present, Persuade, Influence, and Sell Your Point of View to Others. Hope that helps!

I have an hour commute to work. I normally find myself listening to @Joshua Dorkin and @Brandon Turner on The Bigger Pockets podcast, wishing I could take notes and drive at the same time!

I have very little time to read an actual book between work, two rug-rats, being a husband and everything else life has to offer. So the audio books are awesome. I noticed that the last post was 8 months ago. Looking for some audio from BP. I think there is one on Taxes that I would like to get. Any other new recommendations?

Thanks!

Just finished The Richest Man in Babylon, I highly recommend it. If I didn't know better I'd swear it was written specifically for real estate investors.

I'm a big fan of the podcast scene - BP, The School of Greatness, SpartanUp, Entreleadership, The Tim Ferriss show and Ted Talks. The great thing about podcasts is they come to you once you subscribe to them so you never have to look for content! As far as books I suggest 7 Habits, How to Win Friends & Influence People, Tribal Leadership, and Eleven Rings.

Good luck,
Matt

Promotion
Sundae
Property Marketplace
Find Professionally Vetted Properties from Motivated Sellers
Eliminate the need to hunt for houses again. We bring your next investment opportunity to you.

As a Pro member you are eligible for the replays of the BP webinars that @brandon_turner has recorded most Wednesdays. There's about 35 hours of listening that are packed with information.

I highly recommend:

The Millionaire Mind by Thomas J. Stanley. Finishing it soon. Had to start Flip when it came so that's why I put down the former. A great book for parents to read, too. 

Next in my stack is:

The Housing Boom and Bust by Thomas Sowell

Good to Great by Jim Collins 

Lessons of History by Will Durant

Will get something by Gary Keller, Napolean Hill, and maybe one of the Sharks, lol. 

Would love to know if you chose something off my list ;)

Tax Free Wealth - Tom Wheelwright. One of the Rich Dad books. Might put you to sleep if you try and listen to the whole thing in one shot unless you just LOVE TAXES.

The Everything Store- Brad Stone. Story of Amazon and biography of Bezos 

Elon Musk- Ashlee Vance

The Snowball- Alice Schroeder. Biography of Warren Buffet

Audiobooks are my favorite.  Anything by Thomas Stanley: Millionaire Next Door, Millionaire Mind, Stop Acting Rich.  Also, the Millionaire Real Estate Investor by Keller is a nice one.  Brandon Turner's audiobook on Rental Property Investing is also excellent.

like @Steve Volk suggested The Richest Man in Babylon is a great audiobook. Especially if you've finished Rich Dad Poor Dad. It's filled with many amusing stories also!

The book in investing in real estate with low and no money down, Brandon Turner.

That has a lot of good info but depending on your experience you might have outgrown it.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you