Skip to content
Investor Mindset

User Stats

Votes
David Panzera
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
What tips a self-managing investor to the point of seeking a property management company?

David Panzera
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Columbus, OH
Posted Jul 31 2015, 11:23

Hi, all! I'm an investor with about 30 of my own properties and about another 270 under management in my PM company. We began an integrated marketing plan a few months ago to try to find new investors who need PM, and we keep coming back to this question of psychology in our strategy discussions: What makes a self-manager decide they want to outsource management of their properties?

I know the answer is different for everyone. We've had new clients say it was a volume issue - they just couldn't handle management after a certain number of acquisitions. We've had people say life circumstances changed and they just didn't have the time to devote to management any longer (and do a good job). And so on.

Since I manage my own properties via my company and never made that switch myself, I'd appreciate hearing input from self-managing investors about whether they've thought about outsourcing, what would make them switch and necessarily give up a slice of cash flow, whether they've just done what I did and decided to open a PM company, and any other thoughts you might have.

Thanks!

David Panzera, Panzera Realty

Loading replies...