Skip to content
Sacramento Real Estate Forum

User Stats

Votes
Brittany Keyes
Votes |
I'm new here, Any hope for two low-wage earners to invest in SAC?

Brittany Keyes
Posted Jun 8 2019, 11:00

Hello there, I'm looking to get my sister and I into real Estate. Due to family obligations my sister does not wish to re-locate outside of CA and I need a more urban area to find work so we are looking at SAC. WE have a modest amount of savings to use for a down-payment (about 30k). We are not what I would call High income earners but there would be 3 of us paying down the mortgage ( myself, my sister, and my boyfriend). Because it took so long for me to save up money for the down-payment I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on what would be the safest strategy when this is sort of a "all the eggs in one basket" situation. Should I try to buy the largest home so I could get more roommates (house hacking?), or should I focus on a nicer area even if that means a smaller home and fewer roommates? What should be the goal of someone in my situation in order to grow wealth and opportunities for myself. Any Advice would help, any links appreciated. I'm watching so many videos on these topics but they all sort of assume one has more cash on hand to play with than I do.

I don't really have the resources to invest out of state ( or enough knowledge about tax policy in other states), but CA is so expensive I feel like there is almost no sure thing I can do with this amount of money but I am so eager to get things moving.

Loading replies...