Skip to content
Cape Coral Real Estate Forum

User Stats

Votes
Adam Christopher Zaleski
  • Investor
  • Pueblo West, CO
Votes |
Any recommendations for "honest" septic company?

Adam Christopher Zaleski
  • Investor
  • Pueblo West, CO
Posted Jun 19 2018, 11:50

My father in North Fort Myers had a problem with his septic about 2 years ago. A company told him he needed to replace his entire leach field and tank for the bargain price of $8000-$10,000. He called roto rooter and they found some debris/branches that were blocking his exit. It was a $300 fix.

I had a minor septic back-up in February. I later found out that it was because of two running toilets. My tenants forgot to mention the running toilets at the time. I had two different companies come out and tell me that my leach field and tank needed to be replaced for $7000-$8000. I later found out it was because of the running toilets and haven't had a problem since February.

Can anyone recommend an "honest" septic company? I don't want anything for free. Just someone to give an honest diagnosis with a fair market value repair cost.

Has anyone in the Fort Myers area ever needed to replace their entire leach field with new sand/dirt? The sand/dirt seems to be so porous in Fort Myers that it's hard for me to imagine that it would ever need to be replaced.

Loading replies...