Seeking Real Estate in the Chicago Land area and/or suburbs

8 Replies

Hi guys! I am fairly new to the bigger pockets community and so far I have had nothing but an amazing experience using this tool. It is truly such a great learning platform. Currently, I am a senior in college, looking to make my first investment after college (what an exciting graduation present to myself!), but I would like to seek out a mentor prior to doing anything. If anyone can send me in the right direction, that would be great. Once again, I am a total newbie to this, but I am such a fast learner!

Karina,

Congratulations on taking steps towards real estate investment and finishing college! It is never too early or too late to get started. I’m a local Realtor so I’d be more than happy to share my knowledge with you. From my experience working with investors, it is always a good idea to invest in multi-unit family homes. But we have been getting more investors putting money towards condos in downtown area as well lately. It really depends on your style and how much returns you’re expecting from your investment.

Have you decided how you’d like to finance for the properties? It might be good to speak with a banker so they can run the numbers for you. Cash deals are good too and can give you an advantage over mortgage financing.

@Karina Silvestre if you are looking to invest in Berwyn area I would love to talk to you. I have helped quite a few clients in the near southwest suburbs, and specialize solely in investment property!

Find an investor/realtor to start out, and go to a bunch of REI groups around the areas you'd like to invest in.

Cheers! Welcome!

This post has been removed.

@Karina Silvestre Welcome to BP! A great place to start to learn, I purchased my first investment property shortly after college in Chicago. I had a 3 flat, lived in one unit and rented out the other 2 units. I then did the same thing, a few times over getting myself close to 30 units! Now I am selling a few and buying some, but for the most part just maintaining my current portfolio. 

Have you thought of where you are looking to purchase? Most my properties are on the north and northwest side of Chicago. 

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here