Votes
Steve Horvath
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
Looking for a Handyman

Steve Horvath
  • Chicago, IL
Posted Apr 25 2018, 07:21

Have a couple odd jobs around my property and looking for handyman recommendations?  Property is near west suburbs - Oak Park/River Forest/Forest Park area.

Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Ray Harrell
  • Investor
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Chicago, IL
Replied Apr 25 2018, 07:45

Me too. Does anyone know what it takes to install a garbage disposal?

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Aydelott
  • Flipper
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
  • Flipper
  • Chicago, IL
Replied Apr 25 2018, 08:27

With the overheated labor market, good people are hard to find. I have a couple of people I use, but you are looking at around $80/$100 an hour + materials. If you just want someone to learn on your property, I'd recommend Craigslist but who you get will vary dramatically, you'll want to be there to supervise and also know at least enough to know when the job is being done wrong. Ironically if you know that, for most small jobs by the time you are done dealing with a hire, you could have just knocked it out yourself and used the money to buy a nice dinner/bottle of wine.

If you don't want to go the CL route, feel free to PM me. I'm not guaranteeing I'll do one, as I want to protect my guys (and my reputation with them) from crazy jobs or unrealistic property owners. But if you seem reasonable I'm happy to make the intro.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
John Warren
  • Real Estate Broker
  • 1658 N. Milwaukee Ave Ste B PMP 18969 Chicago, IL 60647
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • 1658 N. Milwaukee Ave Ste B PMP 18969 Chicago, IL 60647
Replied May 31 2018, 04:35

@Steve Horvath that is my area. I have quite a few contacts there. PM me and I can send you a few names. 

• Real Estate Agent IL (#475.166619)

Forte Properties, Inc Logo