Posted Nov 28 2021, 11:43

User Stats

Votes
Aaron J Latal
  • St. Louis, MO
Votes |
  • St. Louis, MO
Replied Nov 28 2021, 16:48

That's an interesting figure! In my experience the floor was a bit more expensive, I've been redoing the floors to tile. Hopefully it pays off in the long run!

User Stats

Votes
Will Barnard
Pro Member
  • Developer
  • Santa Clarita, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Developer
  • Santa Clarita, CA
ModeratorReplied Nov 29 2021, 18:03

I don't agree with those percentages. These figures are "averages" which means they fluctuate from kitchen to kitchen. Also, percentages change depending on total costs. There is a difference in cost of cabs/counters/install on a $10k kitchen than a $20k+ kitchen. The biggest question I have is: Why do you need to break down a kitchen remodel into percentages anyways? What is the benefit? Total budget and staying inside your budget is what is important. You also need to know what your competition (the sold and active comparables) has in their kitchens. Meeting or slightly exceeding what they have is important to bringing the highest sold price to you. Kitchens are the best return on investment for flips, having a killer kitchen with good flow and usability will create the wow factor and have buyers foaming at the mouth. That is not accomplished by determining you spent x% on the appliances.

Rent To Retirement logo
Rent To Retirement
|
Sponsored
Turnkey Rentals 12+ States. SFR, MF & New Builds, High ROI! 3.99% rates, 5% down loans, below market prices across the US! Txt REI to 33777

User Stats

Votes
Theresa Harris
Pro Member
#3 Managing Your Property Contributor
Votes |
Pro Member
#3 Managing Your Property Contributor
Replied Nov 29 2021, 18:15

I'd go out and price what you want and go from there.