Sample Rehab Timeline

10 Replies

Does anyone have a sample rehab timeline that I may look at? I will be closing Friday on a property that I am going to flip and I don't want to waste any time or money. I want to be completed all the work in 30 days. It would be great if anyone has a sample one that I can utilize.

@Sheik Charles Brown-EL You have not given enough information for the community to tell you what a reasonable timeline would be.

Do you have a scope of work that you can share?

If you haven't already bought J Scott's book on rehabbing I would recommend it, lots of good stuff especially for the rookie rehabber.

The Book on Flipping Houses

@Sheik Charles Brown-EL Since the scope of work will be different on every house, the timeline will be different. I read The book on Flipping Houses before I started on my first flip and it was very helpful. Also, keep in mind that there is a very good chance your first flip will go over budget and take longer then you plan. Good luck!

Hi @Sheik Charles Brown-EL

We have a crew of 3 full time employees and it at takes us around 3 weeks to finish a rehab.

Work included: Interior and Exterior paint, re-wire, re-plumb, complete bathroom overhaul, kitchen repair with new sink, taps, paint cabinets, carpet bedrooms and living rooms, lino kitchen, new light fittings, new blinds, tiling the kitchen splash back, tile in bathroom, new furnace, new hot water.

A new roof would take one of our contractors 2-3 days to complete.

Thanks

I can give you some average times for my average sized projects so you can at least get an idea.

roof- tear off and shingle 15 squares- 1 day

windows- remove and replace, trim outside- 8-10 per day per guy

siding- 1000 sq ft ranch- 2-3 days

bathroom gut- 2 days

my guys just sheetrocked and did first tape coat in a 10x10 bath yesterday in 2.5 hours

framing- doing a 2 story, 1000 sq ft addition now. framing should take about a week

again, your time frames could be different but it at least gives you an idea.

Great thread! I have read J's book and its very comprehensive, personally I think he should include his rehab pricing book together with it, make it a real compendium.

I also suggest the book FLIP, its also very comprehensive.

Originally posted by @Carl Schmitt:
I can give you some average times for my average sized projects so you can at least get an idea.
roof- tear off and shingle 15 squares- 1 day

windows- remove and replace, trim outside- 8-10 per day per guy

siding- 1000 sq ft ranch- 2-3 days

bathroom gut- 2 days

my guys just sheetrocked and did first tape coat in a 10x10 bath yesterday in 2.5 hours

framing- doing a 2 story, 1000 sq ft addition now. framing should take about a week

again, your time frames could be different but it at least gives you an idea.

Nice stuff @Carl Schmitt

Once you have a good bunch of people like you do it should all go quiet quickly.

Thanks