Votes
David Burke
  • Oklahoma City
Votes |
How to find the deals

David Burke
  • Oklahoma City
Posted Jan 14 2024, 21:04

I moved to OKC in 2023 and was shocked at the availability of low cost housing. I'm trying to network with those who know the market here, and can aid in finding deals. I personally do remodelling professionally both as a contractor and an investor. Let's see if we can benefit one another...

User Stats

Votes
Alan F.
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • California
Votes |
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • California
Replied Jan 24 2024, 18:35
Quote from @David Burke:

I moved to OKC in 2023 and was shocked at the availability of low cost housing. I'm trying to network with those who know the market here, and can aid in finding deals. I personally do remodelling professionally both as a contractor and an investor. Let's see if we can benefit one another...

I've been looking at Oklahoma, more Tulsa/ Broken Arrow area though. Hopefully we can get some eyes on this thread.

User Stats

Votes
Devan Wilson
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Oklahoma city.
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Oklahoma city.
Replied Jan 25 2024, 11:48

How's it going? I am based in okc and I know how to find off market deals in the area. I'm actually looking for someone to team up with who has experience and knowledge in remodeling. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Jacob Sherman
Pro Member
#1 Land & New Construction Contributor
  • 12 Penns Trail Suite 138 Newtown, PA 18940
Votes |
Pro Member
#1 Land & New Construction Contributor
  • 12 Penns Trail Suite 138 Newtown, PA 18940
Replied Jan 26 2024, 17:34

i feel like the best deals will always be found in the wholesale markets . They already did the hard work of getting in touch with the seller and putting the property under contract

User Stats

Votes
Shawn Parsh
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Tennessee
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Tennessee
Replied Jan 29 2024, 08:56

David,

I get the best deals from referrals. I let as many people as possible know that I buy distressed properties and I pay a referral fee. I find that I can negotiate better deals on properties that no one else knows are for sale. Good luck.

User Stats

Votes
David Burke
  • Oklahoma City
Votes |
  • Oklahoma City
Replied Jan 29 2024, 18:13

Thanks for the tip. I've been networking as much as possible. I didn't think about a finders fee. 

User Stats

Votes
Jeff Filali
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Broken Arrow, OK
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Broken Arrow, OK
Replied Jan 31 2024, 04:04

Numbers balance out.  Home prices are lower in Oklahoma than some other MSA’s, but rents are lower as well in proportion.