Normal Roof Cost? Creative ways to save? (north of Denver)

3 Replies

Buying a place that needs the roof replaced.

Estimates from 2 contractors are around $4500 to $5500. Agent says it's high.

Specs: 1,512 sq ft area (36'x42'); two layers to be removed; no leaks or water damage; cover with 15 year architectural shingles; easy roof pitch (no harnessing or safety needed)

Just want to know if those who have done roofs think this is a fair quote or high? Also, does anyone use any creative ways to get roofs done for less?

I used to do roofing in college and I know what's involved and a cost of $5k for such a small easy job seems about double what it should be. But I know roofers get a lot for jobs but I am not sure why.

It seems a little on the high side. PM me and I'll give you my roof guy's info. There really arent any 'creative' ways to get a cheaper roof, unless you are skirting the permit process which will likely come back and bite you in the ***.

Medium anson blue2 copyAnson Young, Anson Property Group | 303‑475‑9999 | Podcast Guest on Show #235

Hey Anson, does your roofing guy do insurance work?  Our neighborhood got it pretty good over the past few weeks.  We've been crawling with roofers looking for business, but I'm not very trusting...

Originally posted by @Robert Blake :
Hey Anson, does your roofing guy do insurance work? Our neighborhood got it pretty good over the past few weeks. We've been crawling with roofers looking for business, but I'm not very trusting...

I'll ask, hes a small crew/shop and dosnt do any sales stuff. So not your 'typical' roofer who descends on a neighborhood after every storm.

Medium anson blue2 copyAnson Young, Anson Property Group | 303‑475‑9999 | Podcast Guest on Show #235