Insurance for flipping

72 Replies

@Carol Birnberg are you asking if it can be done or if you should have the flip insured if it's just for 1 month?

1) Yes, you can buy coverage for 30-60 days

2)  Insuring a property is up to each investor, but if there is some financing involved, it will be required.

I'd say 99% of flippers buy coverage for the property no matter what length of time.  You are risking a total loss of your investment, plus more $ to clean up the site, to save $50.

@Ryan Steiner I have my first flip under contract. I got a Builders Risk policy from Snyder & Moore Agency in Exton, PA. My contact person was Kevin Roache. Don't have his contact info at my fingertips but just google the company name. Good luck!

Jason, I have my first property under contract and expect to close at the end of this week. Can you please send the information as well? I have contacted a rep at NREI and they offered me a builders risk policy and what they sent did not include theft. 

I'm looking for property coverage, theft coverage and liability coverage and I thought they offered all three. Maybe I'm asking the wrong questions or not speaking with the righ person.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here