• Investor
  • Fort Wayne, IN
Votes |
stop work order

Peter Fennig
  • Investor
  • Fort Wayne, IN
Posted May 18 2015, 18:37

I just got my second duplex in fort wayne Indiana  where the seller is financing the deal. I also own a sfh right next door to the duplex, and so out of convenience put a 30 yard roll off container in between the the two houses. Both places had a LOT of debris and junk inside of them that went into the dumpster. Apparently one of the neighbors had an issue with the dumpster being where it was for a few weeks and called neighborhood code who then came by and put a stop work order on the duplex only. I called and spoke with the inspector who told me that because of the kind of debris he saw inside the dumpster, id have to schedule a time for him to come by and do a walk through inspection of the duplex before he would remove the stop work order. My question is, do i have to let him do this simply for the fact that there was a dumpster in my yards that someone complained about? I do a lot of the work on these properties myself (minus electric, gas,etc) and I'm nervous about him coming in and dinging me for anything and everything that might b exposed right now inside. Any advice would be greatly appreciated 

Loading replies...