• Flipper/Rehabber
  • Littleton, CO
Votes |
Odors

Scott Lepore
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Littleton, CO
Posted Aug 20 2015, 12:36

I cant get rid of the smell in one of my flips.  It was full of dog feces and urine, mouse feces and urine, and fly feces .  There are little brown spots of fly poop on everything from the walls to light fixtures to window frames and everything in between.  There is mouse crap in the walls and several of the baseboards were soaked in dog urine (can you say animal abuse).  I took off the bathroom ceiling fan vent and it was full of mouse crap and soaked with urine so they were living in the ceilings too.  It looks like it was a breeding house for flies since that crap is everywhere and there had to be hundreds of mice.  Anyhoo, I have kilzed the entire house twice (with shellac based B-I-N primer and run an ozone generator for a few days (although it is not a big one),  removed baseboard and some drywall, cleaned, cleaned, cleaned, used a commercial product that is used for crime scenes, and the smell is as bad as ever.  Getting worried.  I really don't want to tear out sub floor and the downstairs is concrete anyway.  The smell just seems to be saturating the air and is not eminating from any one specific place.  Help!

Loading replies...