• Sioux Falls, SD
Votes |
Outstate Minnesota Advice

Melanie Raine
  • Lender
  • Sioux Falls, SD
Posted Nov 5 2016, 09:15

Hi everybuddy,

My partner and I are relatively new to the world of investing (May 2016) so our learning curve has been huge. But we're already actively involved in note buying and 30+ unit apartment complexes ("involved" means Anthony Chara's boot camp, MNREIA training sessions and meetings as often as possible, note purchasing club where we're actually investing in one, etc). We'd also like to do wholesaling and/or joint venture rehabs of SFRs.

Where we're getting stuck is that we're finding opportunities in outstate Minnesota (we live in St. Paul) but can't find hard money lenders willing to lend outside of the metro area. And we don't know where to start with finding rehabbers in other towns other than searching Craigslist. Unfortunately, rehabbers in outstate Minnesota don't seem to be advertising on Craigslist.

What we'd really love is to start a partnership with a rehabber who is willing to travel and do the fixit work while we find and secure the properties (I know -- but if you're going to dream, dream big, right?) I don't like the thought of having to find/interview/hire/manage new rehabbers in every market. We'd like to lease option some properties and others we'd just sell, depending on the market, property, etc.

It feels like it's so hard to get started! But we're determined! So if anybody would be willing to offer some guidance for investing in outstate Minnesota, we'd really appreciate it. Anything and everything is welcome, even if it's to not waste our time in those markets.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Loading replies...