Skip to content
Rehabbing & House Flipping

User Stats

Votes
Rae Hoffman
  • Investor
  • Katy, TX
Votes |
Average price per SF for a "down to the studs" rehab in Texas?

Rae Hoffman
  • Investor
  • Katy, TX
Posted Nov 13 2017, 04:51

Tons of flood homes on the market here right now, but most of the ones we're looking at have been mucked and remediated prior to being listed for sale (though I'll still spend the $500 to 1K to have them certified mold free prior to beginning rehab), so I'm less interested in "flood rehab" costs and more interested in the average price per SF for a "from the studs" rehab - assuming everything but the roof and exterior needs replacing (plumbing, wiring, HVAC, full interior, etc.) for a mid-grade rehab (granite, but lower end granite, etc.) as these are mid-range houses for the area. I've done one fairly significant rehab before, but nothing from the studs (it was all cosmetic aside from a full re-plumb). I feel like I'm estimating too high as I'm being outbid by flippers despite being a buy and holder, so I'd love some feedback from other investors in the area. I just got J Scott's book yesterday, but I'm not going to be able to read the whole thing before seeing several more houses this week. Thanks for any input!

Loading replies...