• Rental Property Investor
  • West Chester, PA
Votes |
Property salvage in Monmouth County, NJ

James Mc Ree
  • Rental Property Investor
  • West Chester, PA
Posted Nov 19 2017, 09:26

My partner and I purchased 2 properties along the coast in NJ.  Both are tear downs.  I am wondering how I might go about determining and marketing anything of value in them.  I am not looking to put a lot of work into it as it could be more trouble and time than it is worth.  Any advice?

Both properties are victims of hurricane sandy.  NJ requires the properties to be elevated prior to occupancy which is not practical.  They don't appear to be in especially bad shape, but were condemned.  I haven't been in them in-person yet.  I plan to visit this weekend.  My partner is my boots-on-the-ground.

I am thinking there are probably two categories of value: commodities and finished products.  For commodities, I am thinking bulk copper and anything else of value.  Finished products would be cabinets, appliances, mechanicals, fixtures, etc; all subject to having a used but marketable condition.  I should have some pictures available in about a week if that helps (I am sure it does).

My only ideas so far are ads in Craigs List and similar and asking contractors I know for interest.  Then, I thought, BiggerPockets would know...!

Loading replies...