Finding recent bankruptcy homes lists?

5 Replies

I'm putting together a mailing list for my next campaign. I'm focusing on bankruptcies but not sure where to a list or how to put together the list myself. Is there a website that has a list of recent bankruptcy homes or how would I go about finding that?

Any advice?

Homes do not go bankrupt.
People declare bankruptcy.

someone going through bankruptcy would have protections from foreclosure and collections and I would imagine they may be less likely to sell unless the bankruptcy is dismissed or thrown out.

My opinion is that it’s an option people pursue to keep their house...

That said, there is a specific bankruptcy court. I’m not sure if the files are public record, but at some point the record is public because I can see bankruptcies listed on a persons profile on beenverified. You might get familiar with the process and courthouse to see if you can manually collect names and research them on the GIS if there’s no website already doing this.

Bankruptcy information is public record nationwide. 

I'm not in the camp that believes BK is a good source for real estate leads. The debtor won't be able to buy another home.

However, you can certainly open up a PACER account to view records.

@Nina Vill
People who file for bankruptcy with real estate are filing typically to keep the house. I wouldn’t find them as a good source to sell as if they did and had equity and made a profit it the trustee would most likely take the $ to pay unsecured debt.

This post has been removed.

@nina vill A good alternative to bankruptcy is Homeowners with Low Financial Stability Scores (FSS).

as @Chris Seveney and @Lauren B. mentioned, owners with properties tied up in bankruptcy tend to be tied up with all sorts of legal options. Also, there are quite a few areas where the bankruptcy data is not available or next to impossible to mine.

Low FSS can be applied to a list along with property attributes so you would only be mailing to owners with property you want to buy.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here