Finding recent bankruptcy homes lists?

Finding recent bankruptcy homes lists?

Houston, TX · Member since 2017 · 14 posts · 1 vote

I'm putting together a mailing list for my next campaign. I'm focusing on bankruptcies but not sure where to a list or how to put together the list myself. Is there a website that has a list of recent bankruptcy homes or how would I go about finding that?

Any advice?

0Reply
14 views

Most Popular Reply

Tom GimerBusiness Member
DMV · Member since 2017 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
8y

Bankruptcy information is public record nationwide. 

I'm not in the camp that believes BK is a good source for real estate leads. The debtor won't be able to buy another home.

However, you can certainly open up a PACER account to view records.

Gimer Law516 Reviews
See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Asheville, NC · Member since 2017 · 170 posts · 242 votes
    8y
    Homes do not go bankrupt. People declare bankruptcy. someone going through bankruptcy would have protections from foreclosure and collections and I would imagine they may be less likely to sell unless the bankruptcy is dismissed or thrown out. My opinion is that it’s an option people pursue to keep their house... That said, there is a specific bankruptcy court. I’m not sure if the files are public record, but at some point the record is public because I can see bankruptcies listed on a persons profile on beenverified. You might get familiar with the process and courthouse to see if you can manually collect names and research them on the GIS if there’s no website already doing this.
  • Tom GimerBusiness Member
    DMV · Member since 2017 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    8y

    Bankruptcy information is public record nationwide. 

    I'm not in the camp that believes BK is a good source for real estate leads. The debtor won't be able to buy another home.

    However, you can certainly open up a PACER account to view records.

    Gimer Law516 Reviews
  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    8y
    Nina Vill People who file for bankruptcy with real estate are filing typically to keep the house. I wouldn’t find them as a good source to sell as if they did and had equity and made a profit it the trustee would most likely take the $ to pay unsecured debt.
    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Specialist · Branford, CT · Member since 2018 · 222 posts · 121 votes
    8y

    @nina vill A good alternative to bankruptcy is Homeowners with Low Financial Stability Scores (FSS).

    as @Chris Seveney and @Lauren B. mentioned, owners with properties tied up in bankruptcy tend to be tied up with all sorts of legal options. Also, there are quite a few areas where the bankruptcy data is not available or next to impossible to mine.

    Low FSS can be applied to a list along with property attributes so you would only be mailing to owners with property you want to buy.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.