Rehabbing & House Flipping

User Stats

Votes
Heidi Moore
Votes |
Best online ready to assemble cabinets

Heidi Moore
Posted May 18 2018, 19:08

What is the best quality and most cost effective, solid wood, ready to assemble cabinet online retailer?

User Stats

Votes
Jason D.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • St. Petersburg, Fl
Votes |
  • St. Petersburg, Fl
Replied May 18 2018, 19:21
I just ordered from rta cabinet store and am very happy with the quality, delivery, and ease of assembly. I will buy from them again

User Stats

Votes
Johann Jells
  • Jersey City, NJ
Votes |
  • Jersey City, NJ
Replied May 20 2018, 11:18

@Heidi Moore There's a number of long threads on this subject already, you should search them out. My advice is Fabuwood, they're by far the best RTA I've seen. All wood, all soft close, extremely solid build. But you must go to a retailer to order, they do not sell online.

Note the wood not plastic corner brackets, and the sides dovetailed into the face frame. The backs are solid 1/2" ply, not 1/4" with nailer strips like many.

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Ian Saingarm
  • Investor
  • Bend, OR
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Bend, OR
Replied May 22 2018, 16:38
Originally posted by @Johann Jells:

@Heidi Moore There's a number of long threads on this subject already, you should search them out. My advice is Fabuwood, they're by far the best RTA I've seen. All wood, all soft close, extremely solid build. But you must go to a retailer to order, they do not sell online.

Note the wood not plastic corner brackets, and the sides dovetailed into the face frame. The backs are solid 1/2" ply, not 1/4" with nailer strips like many.

Johan how does the price compared to HD or lowes stuff?

@Noelle Saingarm

User Stats

Votes
Jon Holdman
  • Mercer Island, WA
Votes |
  • Mercer Island, WA
ModeratorReplied May 22 2018, 16:44

I tried ordering from thertastore.com and it was a mess. They repeated delayed shipment, blaming it on supplier problems.  In the end the best they could offer was I might get my cabinets two months after the initial ship date.  Only "might".  They did refund my money, after some prodding.

User Stats

Votes
Johann Jells
  • Jersey City, NJ
Votes |
  • Jersey City, NJ
Replied May 22 2018, 16:53
Originally posted by @Ian Saingarm:
Originally posted by @Johann Jells:

Johan how does the price compared to HD or lowes stuff?

@Noelle Saingarm

If you're meaning the preassembled stock stuff, it's more.  This kitchen has 12.5 ft of uppers, 8 of lowers, plus a 30x12 over the fridge, and cost $2000. I did the same kitchen with cheaper all wood RTA, delivered assembled ( as these were) for around $1300. They weren't bad, but not as nice as these. At that price it was only this pattern of light oak.

User Stats

Votes
Ted L.
  • Investor
  • Schenectady, NY
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Schenectady, NY
Replied May 22 2018, 16:54

Fabuwood makes great cabinets, but I recommend buying them fully assembled from the factory. It’s only a 10 percent savings to assemble them yourself. I am a retailer of Fabuwood and a few other brands. Please contact me if you are considering an order, I can pass along great savings and they can be shipped anywhere.