REI Expanding into Kansas City Market - Looking for Market Advice

10 Replies

I'm an investor from California and will be in Kansas City visiting my family for the next month. I have an investing mentor from the Midwest that will be joining me for a week. I've never invested in Kansas City before. I'm looking for fix and flip and wholesale deals. Does anyone know if the Kansas or Missouri side of Kansas City is where my focus should be? Also what neighborhoods and counties are transitioning areas or opportunity zones? Any and all help or advice would be greatly appreciated. When I find deals I'm looking for cash buyers or JV partners as well. Let me know!

Originally posted by @David Lee:

I'm an investor from California and will be in Kansas City visiting my family for the next month. I have an investing mentor from the Midwest that will be joining me for a week. I've never invested in Kansas City before. I'm looking for fix and flip and wholesale deals. Does anyone know if the Kansas or Missouri side of Kansas City is where my focus should be? Also what neighborhoods and counties are transitioning areas or opportunity zones? Any and all help or advice would be greatly appreciated. When I find deals I'm looking for cash buyers or JV partners as well. Let me know!

David, if your objective is cash flow, then yes, Kansas City is a great market to focus on. Not only does it offer a strong cash on cash return, but Kansas City has good economic and demographic trends with a growing population and jobs which many other popular cash flow markets don't have. We've been involved in KC for several years. We focus on the suburbs outside of the 435 loop such as Independence, Raytown, South Kansas City and Grandview. These are mostly B class neighborhoods with some C class sections. We've been active in Kansas City for several years. Feel free to contact me if I can be of help.

@Logan Freeman

Im an investor looking for cashflowing properties to BRRRR. Just read your reply on a post about KC. Can you tell me more about KC and what you do? I see you are a developer.

@David Lee

Kansas side has higher prices than Missouri side. If you want better cash flow I’d look on the MO side. You need someone local regarding crime. Crime maps aren’t accurate and certain areas depend on the street.

Originally posted by @David Lee:

Dave give The Ultimate Guide to Grading Kansas City Missouri Neighborhoods a read. It should be exactly what you are looking for.