• San Luis Obispo, CA
Votes |
Is This Rehab Breakdown Acceptable?

Michael Pilolla
Pro Member
  • San Luis Obispo, CA
Posted Oct 16 2019, 21:28

Hey BP Peeps,

I'm closing on my first property and I'm very excited. I'm working with a contractor who's done work on my primary residence (and is now a rental) and he's always done great work. He's an investor as well. It's taken about 3 weeks for him to get the estimate report to me. First, I fully expect the estimate report to get to me sooner and told him as much, but what would be a reasonable time frame to expect such a report after walking a property? Second, is the following list detailed enough? I hear having the cost of materials and labor broken out would be best, but is this acceptable:

Remove all garbage from inside and outside of residence. $ 1,450

Clean up yard, trim trees and bushes, cut land, edge and spray weeds. Haul away all debris. $ 1,000

Install two yards of bark mulch along front flower beds. $ 250

Repair damaged trim and 20 pieces of siding around windows. $ 580

Prep and paint entire exterior. $ 3,336

Replace existing roofing with 30 year architectural roofing. $ 6,643

Paint entire interior of residence. $ 4,828

Paint all kitchen cabinets. $ 1,600

Electrical work proposed for residence. $ 2,345 to $ 2,645

After electrical work, kitchen ceiling will be sheetrocked and tape and textured. $ 790

Install three carbon monoxide detectors and two smoke detectors. $ 225

Sand and finish all fir flooring, two bedrooms, hallway and living room. $ 1,200

Replace vinyl flooring in laundry mud room and kitchen with a neutral color vinyl at a cost of $18/yard. Install new underlayment. $ 1, 350

Replace existing tub shower unit with a Max three piece fiberglass unit. Replace existing shower valve. Install new vinyl flooring. $ 2,970

Any recommendations? Should I provide him a template for him to fill out to make it easy for him to fill out and for myself to best understand the costs?

Very appreciative of everyone's feedback in advance!

Best,

Michael

Loading replies...