Is this the right time to buy investment properties ?

7 Replies

It's not when you buy it's what you buy. There are still good deals to be had it just takes more effort, and creativity to find, and acquire them. keep looking and be conservative in your under writing. 

@Amjad Morrar

I think this is the question everyone is asking. If you are worried about over paying for properties, I would make conservative offers on properties that make sense. Usually you need to turn to off-market sources to get any type of deal in this market.

Originally posted by @Amjad Morrar :

I own a few rental properties and I would like to buy more. But the market is worrying me a little. The question is should I buy or wait .

Thank you

It’s all about the numbers. There are delas in every market and if you are holding long term it’s about the debt and cashflow. As long as the deal works for you and meets your return requirements you can pay whatever you want. 

Holding onto your money is not going to allow you to get the benefits of property ownership, tax deductions, rents, and appreciation. You cannot live in yesterday's numbers and wait for that to come to you. Analyze the deal that is most realistic for your area and go from there. 

Originally posted by @Amjad Morrar :

I own a few rental properties and I would like to buy more. But the market is worrying me a little. The question is should I buy or wait .

Thank you

What specifically in your market is worrying you about making another purchase? Granted we have just witnessed one if the longest real estate recoveries in our lifetime following the largest crash in our lifetime (assuming none of us experienced the Great Depression) but there are no major signs of real estate faltering right now.  Interested to hear your specific concerns.