Fort Wayne Indiana Investor

Fort Wayne Indiana Investor

Redding, CA · Member since 2015 · 9 posts · 3 votes

My husband and I will be moving to Fort Wayne, IN this summer. He's from here and will be opening up a State Farm Agency, so this will become home for us for good. I've yet to pull the trigger with investing but have been doing a lot of research, talking to both seasoned and newbie investors, reading lots of books and listening to pod casts. The realty for my husband and I is that with the big transition of moving from CA to IN, and with him opening the agency mid summer, it will be a little while before I will be in a position to actually buy anything. But, I want to do the research now and be prepared when the season comes. I know I need to hone in on my niche, but I haven't decided yet if my focus will be initially on flipping houses or multi family properties. I think my 'passion' would be more for flipping houses but would love the long term residual of rental properties.

I'm currently reading J Scott's "The Book on Flipping Houses" and LOVE the detailed outline coaching me through each piece. Currently working on determining my "farm area", developing my financial resume, researching what buyers require in the area etc. All new for me considering I'm not from here and its very different from California. 

One of the pieces I'm really curious about is investor friendly real estate agents in the Fort Wayne area. My husband knows of plenty of real estate agents, but not necessarily investor friendly or even investor experienced. I know I will need to find an investor friendly agent to do what I want to do. Any recommendations on either agents you've worked with or how to find them?

Also, would love to hear from local investors on what your biggest tip is for this area? Whether thats a tip on what you've found to make you most successful, or something you've learned through mistakes - I just want to learn from those in the area! I do plan to jump in on any meet-ups when we move here and look forward to meeting you all!

1Reply
64 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Fort Wayne, IN · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 515 votes
10y

@Emily Baker feel free to pm me maybe we can chat sometime. 

See this reply in the discussion

32 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Bluffton, IN · Member since 2016 · 13 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    lol I didn't see you reply here.  My sister Sarah attended BSSM, but she just finished up within the last year or two.  My wife grew up in Bluffton... I mentioned your last name to her to see if she recognized it, but it doesn't ring any bells yet. :)  

  • Rental Property Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2017 · 207 posts · 13 votes
    8y

    Hi Emily, Im a local wholesaler in Fort Wayne. If you looking to purchase investment properties we have a variety in inventory. PM for more info. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Fort Wayne, IN · Member since 2016 · 258 posts · 177 votes
    8y
    Welcome aboard and there is tons of info here on BiggerPockets and here in Fort Wayne we are all to ready to help.
  • Rental Property Investor · UT · Member since 2018 · 80 posts · 14 votes
    5y

    I know this thread is 4 years old but I thought it would hurt to jump on now. :)  I currently own two 4plex properties outside of Indy as well as a duplex. Have decided to try up north and found Fort Wayne. I would love to connect and learn more about Fort Wayne. I have 2 calls scheduled tomorrow with a couple different PM companies in Fort Wayne as well as a meeting with an agent I found on Facebook and a Credit Union.  Thanks and hope to hear from ya'll soon!

  • Rental Property Investor · IN · Member since 2015 · 125 posts · 93 votes
    5y

    Welcome to Fort Wayne investing Jared. I suggest joining the FWREIA Facebook group if you haven't already. Lots of good information there.

  • Rental Property Investor · UT · Member since 2018 · 80 posts · 14 votes
    5y

    Thank you Camilla! I appreciate that! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.