Votes
Adam Pontrich
  • Watertown, NY
Votes |
Hey Louisville! New to BP and REI

Adam Pontrich
  • Watertown, NY
Posted Mar 14 2018, 11:36

Long post, BLUF: New to REI; looking to build relationships in Kentuckiana.

Hi everyone, my name is Adam and I’m new to Bigger Pockets. I’ve been reading the forums and listening to podcasts for months, but this is my first post. So far I’ve been very impressed with the sense of community on the site.

My wife and I are doing our homework in order to dive into real estate investing. Our desire is not just to generate profit; we want to provide beautiful homes to first-time homebuyers and help improve the aesthetics of the community.

My background: I grew up in La Grange (where my parents still live), but I have spent the last decade away from the Bluegrass State (and bourbon country) while serving as an Army officer. We are currently stationed at Fort Drum, NY, where we are still adjusting to the six months of snow each year. I'm currently reading Long-Distance Real Estate Investing by Dave Greene, and looking to join the KREIA. But being long-distance investors (first time, no less) we are trying to leverage technology; I was hoping you all could help us build our team in order to enable us to reach our goals.

Goals: We are looking to complete two flips within the next 12 months, and eventually grow that to four flips a year. Starting out, we are looking for SFHs in Jefferson and Oldham counties (I'm most familiar with these areas) that list for $100K or less. We'd prefer to stay in the 2-4 bedroom, 1800 SF or less range. We can bring some money to the table, but for the first couple of flips we will probably need to use hard money lenders. We are shooting for at least a 20% ROI.

I’m here to learn, so any recommendation, advice, or criticism is appreciated! I do not, however, like to ask for a helping hand without offering one in return. I bring experience leading organizations in austere environments, change management, and project management. Also, my father is well established within the commercial HVAC industry in Kentuckiana. If you own any large commercial properties and have a question, need advice, or want a POC in regards to HVAC, I may be able to leverage his 25+ years of industry experience.

Thanks again and I look forward to learning from each and every one of you!

(Go Cats!)

-Adam

Loading replies...