Investor · Napa, CA · Member since 2016 · 100 posts · 53 votes
Sounds like the city is getting serious about getting rental properties registered and holding a Certificate of Compliance. The first zip code's (48215) deadline was 8/1 and they are now issuing $750 tickets for non-compliance (ouch!)
They are taking it zip code by zip code. Below are the upcoming zip codes and deadlines below. A bit difficult to read in the text (inserting image in message not working ??), so you can also find at the link below. I would hope that my property manager would be on top of this but that is not the case (and have heard the same from some other investors)!! Good luck.
Zip Codes, Launch Date, Registration Date, Compliance-Website Date 48215 February 1, 2018 May 1, 2018 August 1, 2018 48224 March 1, 2018 June 1, 2018 September 1, 2018 48223 May 1, 2018 August 1, 2018 November 1, 2018 48219 June 1, 2018 September 1, 2018 December 1, 2018 48209 July 1, 2018 October 1, 2018 January 1, 2019 48210 August 1, 2018 November 1, 2018 February 1, 2019
Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
8y
I think expecting PM to be ON TOP of this is pretty tough.. how are they going to do that.. if they manage 500 houses or more.. I think the owners need to probably engage.. is my thought.. Detroit is turning the corner for sure .. what was once one of the most dysfunctional and corrupt city governments under Kwami is now under decent leadership.
still has its issues but going in the right direction.
Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
8y
I think expecting PM to be ON TOP of this is pretty tough.. how are they going to do that.. if they manage 500 houses or more.. I think the owners need to probably engage.. is my thought.. Detroit is turning the corner for sure .. what was once one of the most dysfunctional and corrupt city governments under Kwami is now under decent leadership.
still has its issues but going in the right direction.
Real Estate Agent · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2017 · 184 posts · 253 votes
8y
Cleveland, for the first time, has started pushing rental property owners to register their rentals too and the next phase is hiring dozens more inspectors to start annual inspections of these rental units. I'm not sure what the fine is for noncompliance, but I think it's pretty steep as well.
Hey guys, has someone successfully completed this process? How was the whole experience and costs involved? I see on the interactive map there are few properties now registered.
My understanding is that you need to organise for a lead clearance report, a Certificate of Compliance (valid only for one year) and then a Certificate of Registration.